Brew is a package manager for macOS that allows you to install and manage various command-line tools and utilities. Here are the general steps to install Brew on macOS Ventura:
- Open the Terminal: Open the Terminal application on your Mac, which can be found in the Applications > Utilities folder.
- Install Xcode Command Line Tools: Before installing Brew, you must have installed the Xcode command line tools. To install, run the following command in the terminal:
- Install Brew: To install Brew, copy and paste the following command in the terminal and press enter:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
- Verify the Installation: To verify that Brew is installed correctly, run the following command:
- Updating Brew: You can update Brew by running the following command:
Please note that these are general steps and the specific steps may vary based on your version of macOS Ventura. Please also keep in mind that, you must have admin privileges to install the software on your Mac.
Leave a Reply