Welcome to Debian Tutorial page. There are many articles about Debian on this blog and will post the links on this page so it is easier for you to navigate. Debian is a well known Linux distribution. This could be the oldest Linux distribution. Most people believe that Debian is the most stable Linux distribution. There are many other distribution that use Debian as their base. We dedicate this Debian Tutorial page to all Debian fans, new user who wants to learn Debian or system administrator. Well, as you know, there are many servers used by corporations in the world use Debian as the hearth of their operating system.
This page is subject to changes and update. When there are new articles related to Debian, we will put a link to this page.
A detailed information about Debian Release can be found on this official webpage. But we will summarize them into the following table.
|Version||Code Name||Release date|
|1.1||Buzz||17 June 1996|
|1.2||Rex||12 December 1996|
|1.3||Bo||5 June 1997|
|2.0||Hamm||24 July 1998|
|2.1||Slink||9 March 1999|
|2.2||Potato||14-15 August 2000|
|3.0||Woody||19 July 2000|
|3.1||Sarge||6 June 2005|
|4.0||Etch||8 April 2007|
|5.0||Lenny||14 February 2009|
|6.0||Squeeze||6 February 2011|
|7||Wheezy||4 May 2013|
|8||Jessie||25-26 April 2015|
|9||Stretch||17 June 2017|
Debian Tutorial for Desktop
Debian is a great operating system for both Desktop and Server. The following are some tutorials we wrote on this website.
- Install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Debian 8 and Debian 9
- Backup Debian to Amazon S3 – A quick guide to show you how to backup Debian to Amazon S3 using AWS CLI
- Backup Debian 9 to The Cloud Using Duplicati – A comprehensive tutorial to backup Debian 9 using Duplicati
Debian Tutorial for Server
- Owncloud on Debian 8 Jessie – A detailed instruction to install Owncloud 10 on Debian 8.8 Jessie
- Owncloud on Debian 9 Stretch – Tutorial to install Owncloud 10 on Debian 9 Stretch
- Webmin on Debian 8 Jessie – Simple guide to install Webmin on Debian 8 Jessie.
- Docker on Debian 8 – Learn how to install Docker on Debian 8
- LAMP Server on Debian 8 – Build a powerful web server with LAMP on Debian 8
- LAMP Server on Debian 9 – Debian tutorial to install LAMP Server on Debian 9