Hackintosh is an interesting thing that I learned recently. There are so many variations, success stories, failed stories, and so on. There are also many ways to get things done in Hackintosh. Tools and software are changing and updating every time. So, on this page, I will put links to the software or tools that I mostly use to build Hackintoshes. Some of them might be not up to date but it works for some old processors and motherboards. I also will post my EFI folder on this page so you can try it on your hardware.
New Updates !!!
Table of Content
- 0.1 Download macOS Ventura Beta 1 Image Installer for Hackintosh
- 0.2 macOS Big Sur on AMD Ryzen 3200G
- 0.3 macOS Big Sur on AMD FX
- 1 AMD FX Hackintosh OpenCore Files
- 2 AMD Ryzen Hackintosh
- 3 DOWNLOAD EFI Folder
- 4 Hackintosh on Proxmox
- 5 Need Help?
Download macOS Ventura Beta 1 Image Installer for Hackintosh
Check out this new blog post to download the full image installer for macOS Ventura Beta 1. If you want to try the new macOS Ventura Hackintosh on your PC, you can download the image directly and then make the installer on Windows, Linux or Mac. The full tutorial is on the making.
macOS Big Sur on AMD Ryzen 3200G
I am pleased to tell you that I have successfully installed macOS Big Sur on my AMD Ryzen 3200G processor. I am using MSI B450 M2 Pro motherboard and Radeon RX580 8 GB graphic card. It works very well. You can download the EFI for this build. Scroll down to download the EFI.
Want to create your own EFI and configure the config.plist manually? Read my tutorial below
macOS Big Sur on AMD FX
With the new macOS Big Sur, there are a lot of updates have been made to OpenCore boot loader. If you have an AMD FX system you may try this EFI. It runs very well on my AMD FX 8350 and Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P motherboard. This motherboard has Realtek Ethernet. If your board has Intel or another chipset, then you need to add the kexts and re-configure the config.plist.
Please read my guide on how to install macOS Big Sur Hackintosh on AMD FX using OpenCore. In case you are looking for my EFI, you may download and test the EFI from the link at the bottom of this post.
Please let me know how it works and please post in the comment section below.
It is interesting to run macOS on non-Apple hardware. It needs some knowledge and patience but the result is very satisfying. We can run macOS with all features activated. With the correct hardware and settings, you can even beat the Mac computer at a way lower price.
- OpenCore Releases – This is the latest version of the OpenCore boot loader. The core of the Hackintosh.
- GibMacOS – This is the command line tool for creating macOS USB installation drive. It works on Windows 10 as well as macOS. If you need a guide on how to use it, please follow this step.
- ProperTree – A python application to edit .plist file needed to build the OpenCore boot loader
- Clover Configurator – Do not confuse with the name. I personally use this software ONLY to mount the EFI partition on my Hackintosh. You will need this software once you have successfully installed Hackintosh.
- macOS Big Sur Beta Download Utility. This tool will let you download the new macOS Big Sur Beta without a developer account. I don’t think we need this software anymore since macOS Big Sur is now available for the Public.
AMD FX Hackintosh OpenCore Files
The following files are believed to work with AMD FX Hackintosh. Do not use them for AMD Ryzen or Intel Hackintosh. I will update this page to include AMD Ryzen and maybe Intel Hackintosh. Download these files and put them in the respective folders under OC directory on your USB installation drive.
Usually, all the needed drivers (.efi) files are already included in the OpenCore release package. But, if for some systems, you will need the following drivers that not in the updated OpenCore releases.
- OpenRuntime.efi. This file is included in the OpenCore releases.
- OpenUsbKbDxe.efi. This file also included in the OpenCore releases.
These are the kexts I use for my AMD FX build. You can download all these files from the OpenCore official page. But for my specific build (based on OpenCore 0.5.9, I use these kexts). If you need the more updated ones please download them form that link.
- RealtekRTL8111.kext – This is for Realtek RTL8111 LAN card, please check your LAN card before using this.
For the complete list of needed Kexts for your build, please go to the Dortania GitHub page below.
The config.plist file should go to the OC folder. You can download my config.plist below. Please note that this is based on OpenCore 0.5.9 and for AMD FX series.
This config file is already patched for AMD Buldozer series such as AMD FX. Again, not for Ryzen.
AMD Ryzen Hackintosh
The following section is for AMD Ryzen build. It is pretty easy to configure OpenCore on Ryzen based PC.
- Install macOS Big Sur on AMD Ryzen – A detailed step by step tutorial to install macOS Big Sur on AMD Ryzen 3200G using OpenCore 0.6.3
- Install macOS Catalina on AMD Ryzen
DOWNLOAD EFI Folder
The EFI download section on this page will not be updated anymore. We move the Hackintosh EFI Download to the following address:
Apart from those individual files, drivers etc. Below you can download my complete EFI folder.
- EFI for AMD FX with OpenCore 0.5.9 – Tested with AMD FX-8350, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970a-D3P, MSI Radeon RX-570.
- EFI for AMD FX with OpenCore 0.5.8 – Tested with AMD FX-8350, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970a-D3P, MSI Radeon RX-570
- EFI for macOS Big Sur for AMD FX using OpenCore – Tested to work on AMD FX 8350, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970a-D3P, and MSI Radeon RX 570.
- EFI for AMD Ryzen with OpenCore 0.5.8 – Tested on AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and MSI B450 M2 Pro motherboard, Sapphire Radeon RX-580
- EFI for macOS Big Sur for AMD Ryzen OpenCore 0.6.3 – Tested to work on AMD Ryzen 3200G, Motherboard MSI B450 M2 Pro and MSI Radeon RX 580
- EFI for MSI B450i Gaming AC – This EFI folder is tested to work with AMD Ryzen 3700X, and Radeon RX 5700 8 GB.
- EFI for Gigabyte H81M-D2V motherboard. This EFI is based on OpenCore 0.6.4 and has been tested to work with macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur. I am using Intel Core i5 4590 and MSI AMD Radeon RX570 series.
- EFI for Gigabyte B460M-DS3H motherboard. If you own this motherboard, you can use this EFI. It works with my Intel Core i5 and Radeon RX570 series.
Hackintosh on Proxmox
In the following section, you can download the materials you need to install macOS on Proxmox. Currently, macOS Big Sur is supported on Proxmox. You may need the following files in order to install macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur on Proxmox.
- OpenCore ISO for macOS Catalina – The OpenCore boot loader for macOS Catalina on the Proxmox virtual machine
- OpenCore ISO for macOS Big Sur – The OpenCore boot loader for macOS Big Sur on the Proxmox virtual machine
- macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg – A tool to download the macOS Big Sur without the Apple Developer Account
- create_dmg_bigsur.sh – A small utility to create the macOS Big Sur DMG from the Big Sur Beta Installation file.
- Apple OSK Generator – A small program that will generate Apple OSK for you. You will need this in order to install macOS on Proxmox.
You may try to contact me on Discord. Please note that I am not online for 24 hours.
To be continued…