Hello Hackintosh lovers. If you are new to Hackintosh, you may wonder if you could get or download the EFI folder that works on your specific build. Well, there are many people out there that willing to share their EFI folder. On this page, you will find many EFI folder for different motherboards. Personally, I would recommend you try to build your own EFI for your specific hardware. But, you can also use the EFI below as your starting point. And then you can fine-tune it to match your needs.
Before we go through it, please spend some time to read and learn the official OpenCore guide below. It is essential for you to understand how Hackintosh and OpenCore works. For some motherboard/build, you may find multiple EFI download links. Don’t worry, you can try them and see which one works the best for you.
Table of Content
OpenCore Hackintosh EFI Download
These are the basic EFIs that should be bootable for the following hardware. But some other features are may or may not working and you will need to do some post-install configurations. It would be great if you can post your experience after using these EFIs in the comment section.
Before you download the EFI, please make sure that you already created the macOS USB Installer. You can then simply copy the EFI to the USB drive and boot your PC to install macOS. It is also important to make sure that your hardware meets the Hackintosh requirements. Especially the graphic card. All these builds are believed to work with the most recent AMD Radeon cards including but not limited to AMD Radeon RX480, RX470, RX5500, AMD Radeon VEGA.
*Note: If not mentioned, each EFI supports macOS Mojave, Catalina and macOS Big Sur.
A. Intel Platform
Haswell (4th Gen)
- Gigabyte H81M Hackintosh OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI – Tested with Intel Core 95 4590 and AMD Radeon RX570 8 GB
Skylake (6th Gen)
Will be updated
Kaby Lake (7th Gen)
Will be updated
Coffee Lake (8th Gen & 9th Gen)
- Asrock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 OpenCore 0.6.5 – Want to install macOS Catalina or Big Sur on this motherboard? Grab the EFI folder (based on OpenCore 0.6.5). Tested using Intel Core i5 9400f and MSI Radeon RX 570 8 GB graphic card.
Comet Lake (10th Gen)
- Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI – Tested with Intel Core i5 10400F and AMD Radeon RX580 series.
- Gigabyte B460M-DS3H OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI – Tested with Intel Core i5 10400F, AMD Radeon RX580 series.
- ASUS PRIME H410M-E OpenCore 0.6.5 EFI – Tested with Intel Core i5 10400F, AMD Radeon RX580 series.
B. AMD Platform
- Asrock 970 Pro 3 Hackintosh OpenCore 0.5.4 EFI – Support max: macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Will not work on macOS Big Sur
- Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P Hackintosh OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI
- MSI B450 Pro M2 Max Hackintosh OpenCore 0.6.5 EFI
- MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC Hackintosh OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI
What to do Next?
After you download the EFI, you will still need to generate the SMBIOS for your build. The SMBIOS such as serial number etc should be unique for each device. So, follow the following guide to generate the SMBIOS and apply it to the EFI.
Bookmark this page for future Hackintosh EFI download updates. There are a lot of things that are coming.
Hackintosh for Notebook
Below, you can download the EFI folder for some notebooks. We will try to update the list of the EFI folders for notebook users.